Close Date: Aug 23, 2012
Salary: $26.13 Hourly
Are you creative, outgoing and interested in working on sustainability and environmental issues? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Are you a recent college graduate or graduate student? If so, we are looking for you!
The County Manager's Office is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Sustainability Coordinator. We need a "sustainability champion" to help our employees and our community act more sustainably and use resources more efficiently. As part of our team, you will:
- Help implement our Climate Action Plan;
- Market residential energy efficiency; and
- Encourage bike sharing and flex/telework.
You will also help us find new, more efficient ways to conserve resources.
- Strong interest in sustainability and environmental issues.
- Recent graduate with a degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, Environmental Science or a related field. Undergraduate degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - a natural marketer that can connect with people.
- Clear communicator - both written and verbal.
- Analytical - has experience conducting research and data analyses.
- Independent - hits the ground running and works with minimal supervision.
- Flexible - able to change course quickly and effectively.
- Interested in learning more about a career in local government.
This is a full-time, temporary (extra-help) position funded for nine months. Flexible work scheduling is available.
The compensation for this position starts at $26.13 per hour and is based on experience.
Note: The eligible list created by this recruitment could be used to fill future full-time permanent or part-time permanent positions, as well as, full-time extra help or part-time extra help positions.
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone may apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit an application along with a resume and cover letter stating interest in the position. The supplemental questionnaire, that is part of the standard application, must also be completed. The application and attachment must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, August 23, 2012. (Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document.)
Applications will only be accepted online through the County website at www.smcgov.org/hr/jobs. (If you are currently on the County website you may click the 'Apply' button above.)
The examination will consist of a panel interview (weight: 100%). Depending on the number of applications, a screening committee may select the most qualified applicants and invite them to interview for the position. Because of the screening process, all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to give a presentation. Specific information will be provided when the interviews are scheduled.
Help us make San Mateo County more sustainable! We hope to hear from you!
Final Filing Date: August 23, 2012 by 11:59 pm.
Application Screening (Tentative): August 29, 2012
Panel Interview (Tentative): September 12, 2012
San Mateo County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For Benefits Information please go to www.smcgov.org/hr/benefits