Close Date: May 6, 2013
Salary: $7,195.00 - $8,993.00 Monthly
The City of Mountain View Invites Applications for the Position of
Project Manager – Affordable Housing
$7,195 to $8,993 Monthly*
The City of Mountain View is currently accepting applications for the position of Project Manager in the Neighborhood Preservation Division of the Community Development Department. We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, dedicated, experienced individual to manage and facilitate affordable housing projects and programs.
This specialized, key position will effectively coordinate with City staff, affordable housing developers, and consultants to achieve high quality housing projects and programs in a timely and efficient manner that is responsive to the public. Typical duties include: managing high profile housing projects of considerable complexity and difficulty; making public presentations; preparing written reports and moving projects through the entitlement and funding process; and other related duties.
· Education: Training and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, public or business administration or a closely related field. Master’s degree highly desirable.
· Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible experience in CDBG/HOME programs, affordable housing project management, urban planning, or related fields, including one year of performing increasingly responsible project management functions.
· Licenses:Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of: Affordable housing financing and project budgets; real estate practices; public review and entitlement process for affordable projects; effective public participation strategies; loan documents and the legal implications related to affordable housing and funding sources; presentation methods and PowerPoint; contract administration; federal, state, and local regulations affecting affordable housing projects; and methods/techniques of project management.
· Ability to: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; make concise and informative presentations; organize and run meetings that result in useful public participation; coordinate and supervise consultants; coordinate staff efforts, and continued project progress; identify existing or potential problems, and apply effective solutions; multi-task; organize, track and implement the project entitlement process with attention to details; prepare, review and analyze loan documents and other legal contracts; negotiate; establish/maintain effective work relationships.
· Working conditions: In addition to the regular work schedule, this position may require availability to work evenings and/or weekends to attend meetings and trainings as needed.
Application and resume screening will be part of the examination process. Based on the application screening, the candidate with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to an oral board interview (weighted 100 percent). Depending on the number of applications, the above process may be altered.
Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a preemployment process, including employment verification and a DOJ fingerprint check. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will result in disqualification or termination.
Candidates with a disability which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should advise the Human Resources Division upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. The City of Mountain View is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
How To Apply
Applications are available in the Human Resources Division, City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, California, 94041, (650) 903-6310, or candidates can apply online at www.calopps.org. A resume and supplemental questionnaire must accompany the City application, which will be accepted on a continuous basis until the position is filled. This recruitment may be closed at any time. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early.
*Incentive pay beyond this control point range may be awarded by the City Manager for meritorious performance. Plus a comprehensive benefits package including CalPERS retirement benefits with 2.7 percent at 55 formula for PERS classic members and 2 percent at 62 for new members. Employees contribute 10.5% to PERS with no Social Security deduction.