$10 - $11 per hour
POSITION IS PART-TIME / NO BENEFITS
The position is part-time, no more than 19 hours/week (maximum of 999 hours per fiscal year), and no benefits are provided. Provides part-time administrative assistance and routine clerical support primarily to the City Clerk Department and other city supporting departments. Receives and responds to verbal or written directions on a daily or project basis.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* Provides telephone coverage, taking messages and directing calls to appropriate staff members.
* Provides coverage for other Clerical Assistants.
* Sorts, files and copies material as directed in compliance with policies and procedures.
* Operates copiers, fax, mail room and other routine office machines and equipment.
* Receives, distributes and mails correspondence.
* Stocks supplies and materials inventory for copiers, mail room, breakroom.
* Delivers and processes incoming and outgoing mail, supplies and materials to appropriate locations.
* Utilizes department or city-wide software applications to maintain records or perform related duties.
*Sets up and breaks down for meetings
EDUCATION AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Education: Completion of 10th grade or higher is required; coursework in modern office procedures, typing, English, and arithmetic is highly desirable, but not required. Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience: No experience is necessary; 6 months of paid or documented volunteer experience in any office or retail environment is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
A City application is required for consideration and must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Thursday, January 24, 2013. It is strongly recommended that you apply as soon as possible as we will only accept the first 100 applications for this position. Submit applications online at this website or at the Human Resources Department, City of Foster City, 610 Foster City Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Fax 650-574-3483.
The department will contact the most qualified candidates for an interview. The candidate selected for this position must complete a fingerprint background check before starting employment.