Close Date: Mar 1, 2013
Salary: $17.63 - $21.43 Hourly
About the Position
The part-time Program Coordinator position is primarily responsible for all aspects of our weekly lunch program at the Adult Community Center (ACC). This position will be responsible for preparing hot entrees, soup & sandwiches for the weekly Monday through Friday program. The Monday Lunch Program averages an attendance of 75 individuals, Tuesday through Thursday “Soup & Sandwich Bar” averages 20 meals per day and Special Event Luncheons ranges from 75 to 140 individuals. This position will assist in the recruitment of the volunteers needed to efficiently run this lunch program.
This position supervises volunteers and works closely with the Senior Administrative Clerk. May provide functional supervision to a Recreation Leader I or II or Building Assistant as assigned. Receives general supervision from the Recreation Supervisor.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Works directly with the public.
· Plans, organizes, coordinates and cooks for our weekly lunch program.
· Coordinate menu planning and shopping.
· Oversees the work of volunteers, Recreation Leaders I and II as assigned, to ensure effective programs.
· Must acquire and maintain Kitchen Safety Training Certificate (City paid).
· Responsible for Kitchen Safety Training of all kitchen workers.
· Responsible for program marketing.
· Responsible for overseeing equipment and maintenance records.
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen up to County code.
· Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of staff and with the public.
Job-Related and Essential Qualifications
Knowledge of City recreation programs and the pertinent policies effecting program implementation; principles and philosophies of recreation; principles and philosophies of working effectively with adults.
Ability and skills to organize people and activities; energetically perform job duties; comprehend and follow brief oral and written instructions; provide leadership to subordinates. Implement program plans; ability to function effectively with direct supervision. Establish, maintain and foster cooperative working relations with others contacted in the course of work. Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (skills in Adobe Illustrator desirable).
· Knowledge of customer service techniques and procedures.
· Knowledge and principles of effective volunteer coordination and recruitment.
· Facilitation, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
· Basic knowledge of the principles of safe food preparation techniques.
· Knowledge of operating kitchen appliances and tools safely.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to act quickly and remain calm in difficult situations and emergencies.
· Ability to lift equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to hear alarms, voice and telephones.
· Ability to travel to local destinations for shopping, events and meetings.
· Ability to multi-task to handle competing priorities and demands.
· Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
Education and Training
Sufficient education and experience to satisfactorily perform the duties of this classification. A typical qualifying background would be graduation from high school, and 500 hours experience as either a Recreation Leader II at the City of San Carlos or 500 hours at an equivalent classification in another municipality, or related agency.
Speak clearly and understandably; ability and dexterity to run, jump and climb; lift and move equipment, such as tables and chairs; hear alarms, bells, voices and telephones; to reach equipment on shelves. Willingness and ability to work flexible part-time hours, including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Licenses and Certifications
Possession of an appropriate California Driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Ability to acquire and maintain California Kitchen Safety Certification.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon:
*A pre-employment fingerprinting criminal history records check
*TB testing clearance
*PERS Retirement: 2% @ 55 or 2% @ 62 for "new members" as defined by CalPERS
*The City of San Carlos participates in Social Security
*Employee & family medical insurance