City of Los Altos, South Bay
|For more info contact:
Close Date: Apr 10, 2013
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 Hourly
One position available
DEADLINE TO APPY
Open Until Filled
First round of applications to be screened on Friday, March 22, 2013
SALARY:$15 - $20 Per Hour
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: May - August, 20-24 hours per week; flexible schedule
INTERN REQUIREMENTS: To apply for this internship, applicants must be one of the following:
- A current college student in their Junior (60-90 semester units) or Senior (90-120 semester units) year of a four-year degree program in a related field of study.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in a related field of study.
- Hold a Master’s degree in a related field of study.
- Research, analyze and prepare report on shared agency playing field maintenance costs and joint use agreement
- Assist with seasonal staff training and supervision
- Research and create a proposal for market driven facility rental program
- Develop a comprehensive facility rental marketing plan
- Other Recreation analyst duties as assigned
THE CITY AND COMMUNITY:
Los Altos is a full service City with a budget of approximately $39 million and a full-time staff of 130 employees. The Civic Center complex houses the City Hall, Youth Center, Police Station, Library, History Museum and Community Center. Los Altos, California (population 29,431) blends a distinctive community-oriented character with the proximity and influence of the Bay Area’s cultural, recreational and business attractions. With its picturesque neighborhoods, downtown village and highly-rated schools, Los Altos is one of the premier residential communities on the San Francisco Peninsula and a very desirable place to live, work and raise a family. It is located 40 miles from San Francisco, just south of Palo Alto and minutes from the heart of Silicon Valley.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Los Altos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. If you are a qualified individual with a disability as defined by the ADA/FEHA and you need reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, you must notify the Human Resources Division at time of application. Pursuant to ADA/FEHA regulations, official documentation to support your request may be required.
Under general supervision, will work on several technical projects in the Recreation Department. The ideal candidate has excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) in a variety of settings and groups. Ability to manage multiple tasks with a commitment to detail and quality.Group facilitation skills, including but not limited to: meeting facilitation, teaching and coaching. Strong understanding of recreation and leisure service core values. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications. Prior public agency or non-profit recreation experience preferred.
This job is closed