Close Date: Mar 11, 2013
Salary: $20.44 - $28.07 Hourly
The Town of Los Altos Hills is accepting applications for an Office Specialist I/II as part of its Administrative Services Department. This position requires the application of a number of office skills and a high degree of flexibility and independent judgment. Successful candidates will possess the poise and sophistication necessary to work calmly and professionally with a wide range of individuals in person and by telephone.
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Services Director, the incumbent performs a wide range of duties such as:
- process accounts payable;
- minor bookkeeping;
- Issue business licenses;
- provides information on a wide range of public issues in a responsible and courteous manner;
- schedules Town services;
- forwards service requests and inquiries to the proper Town employee or official;
- other clerical and ancillary duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who is willing to support others and has the ability to:
- Work well under pressure with little supervision;
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Utilize the Microsoft Office suite of applications at an intermediate level; and
- Experience with relational databases and financial management systems.
- Graduation from high school.
- Three years of clerical experience and general office work; ability to type.
- Minor bookkeeping experience.
- Experience in public contact.
- Possession of a valid Class C California drivers license.
Retirement - Eligible employees are enrolled in the California Public Employee Retirement System's "2% @ 62" pension benefit. All employees participate in Medicare, however employees enrolled in the pension benefit do not participate in Social Security.
Medical - The Town's cafeteria plan provides access to CalPERS health plans for eligible employees and their eligible dependents up to $1,645 per month, depending on the level of coverage. Employees with proof of insurance from another source may opt-out of Town paid medical and receive additional compensation.
Leaves - Eligible employees are granted 12 vacation and 12 sick days annually, with 4 hours accrued each pay period. Unused sick leave is not cashed out upon separation but may be converted to service credit upon retirement from the Town.
Other benefits - The Town pays dental and vision premiums for eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Long Term Disability and term life insurance are also paid by the Town. Employee Assistance Program, ICMA-RC 457 and Hartford 457 deferred compensation plans, and credit union membership are available.