Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $26.38 - $32.06 Hourly
WATER CONSERVATION SPECIALIST
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled***
Salary: $26.38 - $32.06 per hour based on a 38 hour work week
Benefits: CaLPERS retirement; Cafeteria Plan @990.00/ month to purchase health, dental and vision insurance; City paid life and disability insurance and employee assistance program.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional duties associated with water conservation and water use efficiency programs and initiatives; develops and implements water education programs; prepares promotional materials; plans, organizes and coordinates participation in community outreach events; monitors and implements measures, goals and objectives to improve water efficiency and use.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities is to: Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, environmental studies, public relations and, two years’ experience administering and implementing water conservation programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include but are not limited to the following)
· Research, evaluate, and design new water conservation programs; develop and implementprogram work plans; prepare reports and analysis on program operations and evaluation.
· Develop and execute program-marketing plans including reviewing, proposing, and developing program literature and outreach materials.
· Coordinate program administration with local and state agencies; monitor and evaluate
developments in water conservation technologies and techniques.
· Plan, coordinate, and staff special events, workshops, and professional seminars; speak to
community and other groups.
· Prepare request for proposals and administer consultant contracts.
· Maintain awareness of new developments in the field of water conservation; incorporate new
developments as appropriate into programs.
· Direct the work of seasonal or lesser-experienced staff.
The selection process for this recruitment will consist of a competitive screening of all applications with the most qualified applicants being invited to participate in an Oral Examination. A completed application is required, resumes only will not be accepted.
*** Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close without any prior notice***