Close Date: Jul 26, 2013
Salary: $6,157.00 - $6,666.00 Monthly
Town of Colma Invites Applications for
(Lateral – Minimum Three Years of Experience Preferred)
$6,157 to $6,666 per month
Varied Work Hours
8:00am to midnight - Weekends and Holidays
Police Dispatcher/Clerk performs a variety of dispatching tasks for emergency and non-emergency calls, records management functions and clerical support associated with law enforcement.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Determine nature and location of call, determines priority of calls and dispatches units
* Operate a variety of communication equipment including a multi-channel radio system, telephone, and computer systems
* Provide assistance, information and directions to non-emergency callers and the public at the front counter
* Maintain awareness of field unit activities; communicate with field units through radio in accordance with Federal Communications Commission regulations
* Retrieve information from State and National computer networks
* Enter call information into computer systems, maintain records of calls for service and self-initiated officer activities
* Receive and review reports for accuracy; index and enter report information into computer
* Prepare correspondence, maintain filing systems; sort and distribute mail; order supplies and equipment
* Process warrants and all subpoenas
* Issue parking permits for residents
* Process Card Room applicant and employee background checks
POST Dispatch Academy certificate of completion and a valid California Driver License required.
* Methodologies used in maintaining police records and reporting statistics
* Fundamental principles, practices, laws, rules and regulations in public administration
* Modern office methods, computer equipment and software; business writing; record keeping principles; basic accounting principles
* Represent the Town in a positive manner
* Exercise excellent customer service skills including patience and professionalism
* Speak and write clearly
* Apply information technology
* Perform within the rules of FCC radio transmission in the Police Department
* Work a varied schedule including some weekends and evenings
* Establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships
* Interpret department programs and policies
* Review reports and correspondence quickly and accurately
* Use good judgment in dispatching units
Employment applications are available at the following locations:
1198 El Camino Real
You may also call (650) 997-8306 to have an application sent to you or you may download it from www.colma.ca.us.
A TOWN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES. THE FIRST FIFTY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED 5:00PM ON JULY 26, 2013, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR APPOINTMENT.
Send Correspondence to:
Town of Colma
1198 El Camino Real
The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process. A complete medical examination including drug screening and psychological testing will be completed.
* Classic PERS Members – 2% @ 60
* Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employee and eligible dependents
* Town matching deferred compensation of up to $100 per month
* Fully paid $50,000 life insurance for employee
* Town provided health club fees up to $47 per month
* Fully paid medical and dental insurance for employee and eligible dependents upon retirement
* 13 paid holidays plus one floating holiday per year
* 10 - 25 paid vacation days per year based on length of service
* 8 hours of sick leave accrued per month
* $665 uniform annual allowance
THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME. THE INFORMATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
THE TOWN WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS IN THE SELECTION PROCESS TO ACCOMMODATE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES. PLEASE ADVISE THE PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT OF SUCH NEEDS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
ALL EMPLOYEES HIRED BY THE TOWN OF COLMA MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRODUCE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS VERIFYING SUCH INFORMATION. EOE