The Redwood City City Manager’s Office is looking for a community-centered, values-driven person who will actively engage citizens and assist in directing visitors to Downtown Redwood City to viable parking options. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, and have general working knowledge of Downtown Redwood City’s numerous businesses and venues. This position will be seasonal until January 2014 will works 8 hours per week, and will include Friday and Saturday evening shifts.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following: Represent the City of Redwood City as a Downtown Parking amabassador by walking between parking lots; assisting citizens and visitors with any questions; assist visitors in locating available parking; and perform related duties as assigned.
This is a non-benefited casual position. A casual employee may not work more than 1000 hours per fiscal year.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education & Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. One year of recent experience performing customer service-related work is required. Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) is highly desirable.
· Downtown Redwood City geography.
· Downtown businesses, events and venues.
· Basic customer service skills.
· Provide excellent customer service in a friendly cooperative manner.
· Communicate clearly.
· Stand for extended periods of time.
· Ablility to walk for extended distances.
· Work independently and with direct supervision.
· Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) is highly desirable.
Must be physically capable of performing the essential job functions of this classification.
Applications may be obtained in one of the following ways:
3. Call our 24-hour Job Hotlineat (650) 780-7292.
4. Visit the City of Redwood City Department of Human Resources (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) at 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, California 94063
Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process, should advise the Department of Human Resources upon submittal of application.
All applications will be reviewed for neatness, accuracy, completion, relevant education, experience, training and other job related qualifications. The most appropriately qualified applicants will be asked to participate in the testing process which will consist of an interview with Library Department staff. Prior to appointment, candidates will be required to pass a background check and/or a fingerprint check at no cost to the candidate. Final appointment will be made by the Economic Development Manager. The Immigration Act of 1986 requires proof of identity and eligibility for employment at date of hire.
The City of Redwood City is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We are an exceptional organization and a leader in the Bay Area. The values that guide us are:
· EXCELLENCE: Passion to do our best in each moment.
· INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, not the easy thing.
· SERVICE: We care and it makes a difference.
· CREATIVITY: Freedom to imagine and courage to act.
The City of Redwood City is a great place to work!
Note: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.