Close Date: Feb 7, 2014
Salary: $74,984.00 - $91,187.20 Annually
About the Department
The City of San José, the Capital of Silicon Valley, is one of the nation's best managed cities and one of the top ten cities in which to live, work, and do business. Moreover, San José is the center of cultural, government and economic activity for the region. The employees of the City of San José have embraced the following values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Celebration. The City's Public Works Department is seeking an individual whose values align with the values of the City's employees.
The Department of Public Works is responsible for delivering capital improvement projects for a wide variety of City facilities and infrastructure, maintaining City facilities and fleet assets, facilitating and regulating development activities, and providing animal care and services. The Department is committed to high-quality service, partnering with the community, and providing an excellent environment in which to work.
Position and Duties
The San José Public Works Department is recruiting for Senior Systems Applications Programmer position in the Technology Services Section. This position will provide technical assistance including activities related to developing and maintaining major applications that support the Public Works Department operations.
Specific duties include:
2. Performs application testing, user training, and implements fully tested application.
3. Prepares and updates user and technical documentation for applications.
4. Performs customer support, assisting users with troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems.
5. Identifies bugs and enhancements for inclusion in product release cycle.
6. May recommend development of new software or use of third party software.
7. May supervise and train lower level programmer analysts and interns.
8. Maintains existing applications and trains others on new software releases.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Education: A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Technology, or a closely related field.
2. Experience: Three (3) years of increasingly progressive experience in computer systems applications programming.
3. Acceptable Substitution/s: Additional years of directly related work experience may be substituted for up to a maximum of two years of the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
4. Licenses/Certificates: Possession of a valid California driver's license.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Dept. of Labor.
To Learn More and Apply
To view the full announcement for this exciting opportunity and apply online with the City of San José, please visit the City of San José’s employment page by clicking on the link below.
Then click on the “Prospective Employees” link.
City of San José Employment Page