Close Date: Until Filled
Salary: $10.60 - $14.97 Hourly
he City of Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department invites you to apply for the casual position of BUILDING ATTENDANT to assist with classroom and gymnasium set up and breakdowns, and to perform minor cleaning and light facility up-keep. The current opening is for weekend work hours, may include daytime, evening and/or weekend work hours. This position involves front desk public check-in and customer interaction with youth, teens and adults, light custodial work and set up for programs. This position may also open and/or close the recreation facility as needed. Must communicate effectively with all facility users. A person in this classification will work flexibly, 10-15 hours per week.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to: set up rooms, move tables and chairs, and gymnasium for use by Center patrons; oversee the use of the Center insuring that patrons conform to the established policies and procedures; perform minor clean-up as needed including cleaning bathrooms, floors, windows, emptying garbage, and simple repair jobs; lock and unlock doors and secure building; may requisition supplies and equipment; perform related duties as assigned.
This is a casual non-benefited position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will embrace the City’s emphasis on excellent customer service; will be an enthusiastic self-starter who anticipates the needs of staff; will be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and programs; will be a team player who likes working with a variety of City staff and the public and will have a sense of humor.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education & Experience
· Phone and verbal customer service procedures
· Usage of computers
· Basic custodial and building maintenance procedures
· Safe work practices
· Work independently without direct supervision
· Deal effectively with various groups of people
· Prioritize tasks and complete them on own initiative
· Learn and implement computer programs including facility calendar, user check-in, and facility security system
· Understand and carry out both oral and written directions
· Establish and maintain effective work relationship with those contacted in the performance of required duties
Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required. Must be physically capable of performing the essential job functions of this classification.
Applications may be obtained in one of the following ways:
1. Apply online at www.calopps.org, Member City: Redwood City
2. Visit our web site @ www.redwoodcity.org to print the application form
3. Call our 24-hour Job Hotline at (650) 780-7292.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise the Department of Human Resources upon submittal of application.
All applications will be reviewed for neatness, accuracy, completion, relevant education, experience, training and other job related qualifications. The most appropriately qualified applicants will be asked to participate in the testing process which will consist of an interview with Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department staff. Prior to appointment candidates will be required to pass a physical examination at no cost to the candidate. Also prior to appointment, candidates will be required to pass a background check and a fingerprint check at no cost to the candidate.
Final appointment will be made by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Director. The Immigration Act of 1986 requires proof of identity and eligibility for employment at date of hire.
The City of Redwood City is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We are an exceptional organization and a leader in the Bay Area. The values that guide us are:
· EXCELLENCE: Passion to do our best in each moment.
· INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, not the easy thing.
· SERVICE: We care and it makes a difference.
· CREATIVITY: Freedom to imagine and courage to act.
The City of Redwood City is a great place to work!