Close Date: Feb 25, 2014
Salary: $35.00 - $40.00 Hourly
Temporary Information Technology Support Specialist
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 per hour (DOE)
Open Date: Monday, February 17, 2014
Close Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2014
This is a temporary, non-benefited position, working 40 hours a week with the expected employment term concluding on June 30th, 2014.
The City of Campbell, centrally located in the Santa Clara Valley, 50 miles south of San Francisco, and bordered by San Jose, Los Gatos, and Saratoga, was founded in 1846 by Benjamin Campbell. It was incorporated as a General Law City in 1952 and has a Council/Manager form of government.
City departments, in addition to the City Manager’s Office, include Police, Public Works, Community Development, Finance, and Recreation and Community Services.
Our ideal candidate is an Information Technology generalist, with experience supporting Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite on the software side, and personal computer, printer and scanner basic networking experience on the hardware side. We support a wide range of hardware and software, and everyone on our team is expected to be able to provide excellent customer service and “cradle to grave” resolution of end user support issues, whether this is troubleshooting a printing issue, reimaging and replacing a failed hard drive, or setting the appropriate account permissions in Active Directory.
We are looking for a customer-facing Desktop/System Support Specialist who MUST have the following skills:
Excellent customer service skills including:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• An individual who is reliable and punctual.
• An individual who can easily and happily work with diverse personalities, individuals, and challenging situations.
• Enjoy working as an IT generalist with end-user clients.
• Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours at times, and be on call as needed.
Advanced skill sets and experience of the following are REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of MS Operating Systems (Win XP, Win 7, Win Server).
• Basic Active Directory knowledge (user setup, shares, permissions, etc.).
• Experience with standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel), email setup/support.
• Printing/scanning, including printer servers, network-based scanners.
• Networking knowledge (LAN), basic routing, wireless.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Possess a minimum of 3 years of IT experience.
• Ability to occasionally lift computer and network equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Advanced skill sets, certifications and experience with the following are DESIREABLE:
• CompTIA A+
• MSDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
• MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
• Microsoft Exchange & Active Directory
PLEASE NOTE: Your application will be rejected if any of the required documents are not included in your application packet.
You must provide a completed City of Campbell employment application, and a resume showing your relevant education, training and work experience.
City employment applications may obtained by visiting the City’s website at www.cityofcampbell.com. Please do not substitute “see résumé” on the employment history section of the application. Please scan all required documents onto one PDF file and email to file to ITJob@cityofcampbell.com or hand deliver hard copies to Campbell City Hall, HR Division, 70 N First Street Campbell, CA 95008. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applicants meeting the employment standards as stated may be invited to continue in the selection process. Your technical skills will be thoroughly assessed during the course of the interview, including practical exercises on actual equipment. Applicants must pass a background investigation.
Information contained in this announcement is subject to change and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The Human Resources Office will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise the Human Resources Office of such special needs at the time of application. The City of Campbell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or medical condition.