Close Date: Oct 26, 2014
Salary: $8.33 - $10.12 Hourly
The City of Redwood City is looking for people interested in working approximately 10-15 hours per week, Monday through Sunday, varying hours. Typical duties may include the following: shelving materials alphabetically and numerically; filing and retrieving magazines, pamphlets and newspapers; making displays; operating simple office machines; assisting in mending magazines and books; and performing other duties as assigned.
This is a non-benefited casual position. A casual employee may not work more than 1000 hours per fiscal year.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education & Experience
No experience is required. Training will be provided on the job. Students must secure a work permit from their school.
· Read and write effectively.
· Work well with other staff and the public.
· Work with little direct supervision.
Must be physically capable of performing the essential job functions of this classification.
Applications may be obtained in one of the following ways:
1. Apply online at www.calopps.org, Member City: Redwood City.
2. Visit our web site @ www.redwoodcity.org to print the application form.
3. Call our 24-hour Job Hotline at (650) 780-7292.
4. Visit the City of Redwood City (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) at 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, California 94063.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise the Department of Human Resources upon submittal of application.
All applications will be reviewed for neatness, accuracy, completion, relevant education, experience, training and other job related qualifications. The most appropriately qualified applicants will be asked to participate in the testing process which will consist of an interview with Library Department staff, and also a written exam. Prior to appointment, candidates will be required to pass a background check and/or a fingerprint check at no cost to the candidate. Final appointment will be made by the Library Director. The Immigration Act of 1986 requires proof of identity and eligibility for employment at date of hire.
The City of Redwood City is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Casual positions do not receive benefits.
We are an exceptional organization and a leader in the Bay Area. The values that guide us are:
· EXCELLENCE: Passion to do our best in each moment.
· INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, not the easy thing.
· SERVICE: We care and it makes a difference.
· CREATIVITY: Freedom to imagine and courage to act.
The City of Redwood City is a great place to work!