· Licensed as a Registered Civil Engineer with the State of California
· You are open to new opportunities and growth
· You are a problem solver and you think outside the box
· You start sentences with “I can…”
· You have an aptitude for construction and can interact and communicate well with people (contractors, developers, residents, etc.)
What You Will Do
· Perform construction contract administration for Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs)
· Inspect public improvements on private developments
· Participate in the plan check of CIPs and land development projects
· Investigate field problems affecting property owners, contractors and the general public
What We Offer
· Growth – we will commit to providing you with projects that will expand your technical and project management knowledge and skills
· Comprehensive benefits package including generous paid leave and health benefits
· CalPERS retirement (2.7% at 55 formula for classic members; 2% at 62 for new members). Employees contribute 11.5% to CalPERS with no Social Security deduction
· Access to up to $2,000 in tuition reimbursement
· Employee appreciation events
· Free access to the employee gym
Are You Ready? Apply.
Submit application and resume online at www.calopps.org or the Human Resources Division, City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309.
Deadline: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 29, 2014, or once 75 applications are received, whichever occurs first. Apply early!
Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to the following process:
· Skype interviews – depending on the number of candidates, the first round of interviews will be conducted via Skype
· Oral board interview and written exercise (weighted 100 percent)
· Department Interview – This process is for selected candidates who pass the oral board interview. This will be an opportunity to meet with the supervisor and see where you will be working.
Depending on the number of applications, the above process may be altered.
The Fine Print
The position is a Limited Period Assignment currently approved for July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 with potential for renewal on a year-to-year basis with City Council approval.
Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a preemployment process, including employment verification, a criminal history questionnaire and a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint check. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will result in disqualification from the recruitment process.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should advise the Human Resources Division upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. The City of Mountain View is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).