Recreation Leader II
City of Millbrae, San Francisco/Peninsula
|For more info contact:
Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $9.92 - $12.06 Hourly
Definition: Under supervision, to provide leadership to recreation programs, activities or service. This temporary part-time non-benefited position works an average of 12-15 hours per week during the program year. The position will continue until completion of the assigned recreation program.
The Recreation Program Leader II is distinguished from the Recreation Program Leader III for its responsibility for taking direction and guidance from the Recreation Leader III, implementing the pre-planned written activities, and learning the overall operation of the Recreation Department.
Essential Duties: Depending upon assignment, the duties of a Recreation Leader II may include but are not limited to the following:
Assists in planning, organizing, scheduling and provides direct leadership to classes in a specialized phase of the recreation program, class or activities.
- Organizes, inventories and maintains necessary facilities and materials.
- Maintains group and individual discipline, and code of conduct.
- Implements a logical detailed sequence of activities to fit the abilities and interest of the participants.
- Keeps records of attendance, participation.
- Typical duties include: implementation of sports programming, record keeping, assisting in front office day-to-day operations, and gym supervision and class development.
Special Requirements: Vision adequate to supervise participants in recreational programs; speak clearly; ability to bend stoop or crouch; physical stamina to supervise groups of youth participating in recreational programs; ability to work off-hours, shifts or events as required; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds; and the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather and temperature conditions.
- Common sports, games and recreation activities appropriate for all ages;
- Rules and techniques of common sports and games;
- Principles and methods used in organizing, conducting and supervising a program of recreational activities;
- Record keeping techniques;
- Basic first aid and safety practices and procedures;
- Building and classroom setup and take down;
- Building maintenance including removal of trash and debris;
- Customer service including greeting guests and providing recreation activity information.
- Recreation organization and implementation
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Implement and organize recreation program elements;
- Prioritize and handle multiple program tasks;
- Think and act quickly in emergencies;
- Judge situations and people accurately;
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with subordinates, peers, and supervisors and the public;
- Perform work in a safe manner;
- Perform the physical duties of the job.
Equivalent to completion of twelfth (12) grade.
Minimum of 2000 hours or two years of progressively responsible experience in a related position.
Must possess a first aid and/or CPR Certificate.
Must successfully complete background process. All candidates will be
fingerprinted pursuant to California State Law. All successful candidates under
age 18 must possess a work permit prior to hire.
City of Millbrae is an EOE
This is a non-benefitted position.