Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $16.23 Hourly
The City of Petaluma invites applications for:
PART-TIME FACILITIES/EVENTS ATTENDANT
(payroll title: PT Building Attendant)
Recreation Services Division
Salary: $16.23 per hour
Filing Deadline: Continuous until filled
Applications will only be accepted online at CalOpps.org
Under general supervision from the Recreation Services Supervisor and Recreation Coordinator, This position is responsible for the set-up and break down of equipment at various City owned facilities for special events, classes and programs. This position is expected to be able to work any hours of the day, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Experience: Training and experience which demonstrates an ability to work effectively with the public and abide by City policies, some knowledge of cash operations and procedures, and working knowledge of computers and associated program applications.
• Be available to work nights, weekends, holidays, and on short notice.
• Open and close facilities for special events, classes, and programs.
• Set-up, break down and moving of various equipment, including but not limited to: chairs, tables, coffee pots, projectors, projector screens, TV/DVD/VCR, sound systems.
• Perform light cleaning and custodial duties.
• Understand written and verbal communications from all staff, including diagrams for room set-ups.
• Interpret policies and procedures of the department and enforce them accordingly.
• Obtain, comprehend, and maintain basic knowledge of Recreation programs and activities offered by the Recreation Services Department.
• Monitor activities from rentals, including crowd control and alcohol monitoring.
• Be able to tactfully resolve concerns, maintain a professional demeanor, and maintain a positive and productive relationship with renters, co-workers, and the public.
• Follow safe work procedures and ensure proper safety precautions are met.
• Survey/check facilities for hazardous conditions, non-functioning equipment, items in need of repair or replacement, as well as any maintenance concerns.
• Ensure any equipment is appropriately taken care of by users and returned to its original state once used.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must possess sufficient strength and stamina to maneuver equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, or airborne particles. The employee may be exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
To be considered for this position, you are required to complete an application and supplemental questionnaire online at www.Calopps.org. All required application materials must be received by the final filing date.
PLEASE NOTE: CalOpps permits only one attachment to your application. If you have more than one item (i.e. résumé, certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.), please scan all items into one .pdf file and attach that file to your application.
All completed application documents will be reviewed. An application submitted without complete information will not be considered. A screening committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant who has met the minimum requirements for the position. The highest-ranking applicants will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement in the process, and the decision of the screening committee is final. Applicants will be notified within 10 business days after the filing deadline as to the status of his/her application.
Questions about the application submittal process and selection process can be directed to Human Resources at [email protected].
Candidates being considered for selection are subject to an interview, background investigation, State of California Department of Justice fingerprint search of records, and pre-employment medical examination, which includes a drug screening. All statements made on application materials must be correct and will be subject to investigation and verification.
The position of part-time Building Attendant is covered by the City of Petaluma’s Living Wage Ordinance and Administrative Policy. As such, benefits include paid and unpaid leave pro-rated to the number of hours worked in a calendar year. The accrual rate of paid leave is .0461 hour for each hour worked up to a maximum of ninety-six (96) hours in the calendar year. Any accrued paid leave shall be used by the end of the calendar year or will be paid in a lump sum. The accrual rate of unpaid leave is .0385 hour for each hour worked up to a maximum of eighty (80) hours in the calendar year. Any accrued unpaid leave shall be used by the end of the calendar year.
Note: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The City of Petaluma is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.