Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $10.50 - $11.36 Hourly
(NOTE: APPLICANTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE LIFEGUARD CERTIFIIED)
PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO APPLY BY 5:00 PM ON SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 2017
Training days will vary and start in May. The pools are open May - September, 2017. Pool hours are 7:30am-9:30pm. Staff must be available for all training. Mandatory training days will be held May 23rd - June 9th, 2017.
Chico Area Recreation & Park District is accepting applications for Swim Instructor positions.
With the general guidance and direction of the Aquatics Coordinator and/or the Head Lifeguard, instructors will create a positive learning environment by showing enthusiasm for the job and being organized and prepared for each lesson.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent) per aquatic season requirements.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current Basic First Aid certification.
- MUST have experience working with children and the general public.
- MUST pass a pre-employment background check
- Desired certification Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Desired certification Lifeguard Training
We are looking for qualified applicants who have excellent customer service skills, are well organized, professional, enjoy children and have prior experience in an aquatic environment. Applicants must be able to work during the specified program hours.
NOTE: CARD is offering two courses in Lifeguard Training, one Lifeguard Training Recertification course and one course in Water Safety Instructor (WSI), which interested applicants may take to enable them to meet the application requirements of the available positions. There is still space available in the courses.
For course registration information, please visit our web site: http://www.chicorec.com/CARD-Programs/Aquatics/Lifeguard-Training/index.html