Close Date: Mar 23, 2017
Salary: $18.76 - $22.80 Hourly
COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER
$3,251 - $3,952 monthly
Final Filing Date: March 23, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
Under the general supervision of the Police Chief, is assigned to perform non-sworn, non-hazardous, uniformed, law enforcement and crime prevention duties; to take and prepare a variety of reports; and may assist with traffic control.
Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for the position. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess:
Education and/or Experience: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible clerical and public contact experience; a high school diploma or equivalent, preferably supplemented by college course work in sociology, psychology, English, report writing, public relations, or related coursework.
License/Certificate: Possession of a valid class "C" California driver license.
Position Salary and Benefits offered by The City of Colton
- $39,016 - $47,424 annual salary
- Cafeteria Plan of $1,100 monthly to purchase medical, dental and vision insurances
- CalPERS Retirement Plan
- $50,000 Life Insurance policy (city paid)
- Long Term/Short Term Disability programs
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $2,500 per fiscal year
- Bilingual Pay -$50 per month for bilingual certified employees
- Incentive Pay - 5% above base pay for certificates, degrees or grades above and beyond that which is required for the job.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Community Service Officers are represented by the Teamsters Local 1932, San Bernardino Public Employees Association, General Unit