Assistant Pool Manager
City of Ceres, Central Valley
|For more info contact:
Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $10.81 - $13.14 Hourly
ASSISTANT POOL MANAGER
FINAL FILING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED FOR 2017 SEASON (June – August)
Under the direction of the Pool Manager, the Assistant Pool Manager is responsible for assigned aquatics program areas, and acts as Pool Manager during the Pool Manager’s absence. The Assistant Manager assists in the direction and supervision of the staff and programs at the facility. This is an at-will, intermittent, part-time, hourly position. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
This is a seasonal position only and as such does not qualify for City benefits such as vacation, sick leave, holidays or health and welfare benefits.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as Pool Manager in the absence of same.
- Assist with pool staff assignments and scheduling.
- Perform lifesaving practices and standards according to accepted industry standards.
- Assist with training and supervision of staff and volunteers on assigned duties.
- Meet program goals and objectives, collect and maintain relevant statistical records and data.
- Acts in capacity of pool lifeguard.
- Assist in maintaining on-site security and safety of participants, staff, and others in the pool area, preparation and maintenance of incident records.
- Assist in organization, teaching and evaluation of swim lessons and pool activities.
- Enforce City and program rules and guidelines.
- Assist Pool Manager to monitor correct completion of required paperwork.
- Attend pertinent staff meetings as required during the season.
- Perform other program-related duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess valid certificates in Lifeguard Training, Title 22, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and Standard First Aid or ability to obtain same at time of hire. Water Safety Instructor certificate is desirable.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year experience as a swim instructor/lifeguard at a public swimming facility.
- Demonstrate required swimming skills that meet the American Red Cross guidelines for aquatics program personnel.
- Prior experience working with age-appropriate groups.
- A valid California Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance.
- Work a flexible work schedule, which may include evening, weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Accept leadership role in the Pool Manager’s absence.
- Learn pertinent City rules, policies, ordinances and program requirements.
- Learn basic pool chemistry.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The functions of this job are performed in an environment that will cause exposure to light chemical substances such as chlorine. All work activities are performed in a public swimming facility. One may be required to rescue swimmers in distress and/or demonstrate beginning through advanced swim strokes. All will be regularly required to communicate with participants.
- Ability to see and hear
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop & bend, and walk about
- Ability to perform a water rescue if necessary
- Possess an audible voice for communication
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds
The qualification requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of the job. Physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
This position is not eligible for City benefits other than those mandated by Federal and State Law