Close Date: Until Filled
Salary: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 Annually
RGS is Pleased to Recruit on the Behalf of the Water Replenishment District of Southern California
The Water Replenishment District of Southern California Invites Applications for the Position of
INTERNAL SERVICES MANAGER
Full-Time Position/ Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 Annually;
Starting Salary will Depend on Qualifications
Under the general direction of the Assistant General Manager/Chief Engineer, the Internal Services Manager shall plan, organize, direct, and review the administrative activities and operations of the district including human resources, information technology, data analytics, and support services; provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and the Board; and perform related work as assigned to ensure effective and efficient delivery of district services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
• Assumes full management responsibility for all Internal Services Management’s programs, projects, services, and activities.
• Develops, directs, and coordinates the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the function; establishes, within district policy, appropriate budget, service, and staffing levels.
• Manages and participates in the development and administration of the annual budget; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary.
• Selects, trains, motivates, and directs department personnel; evaluates and reviews work for conformance with standards, including program and project priorities; responds to staff questions and concerns and conducts performance evaluations; works with employees on performance issues; implements discipline and termination procedures.
• Monitors and provides guidance for the district’s data analytics program (e.g., Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Asset Management, and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); assists with the development of programs to manipulate, acquire, and report on data to analyze short and long-term trends and to help identify efficiencies.
• Develops, plans, and schedules for long-term human resources and/or data analytic and information technology programs; organizes available resources for the efficient operation of the department; compiles estimates, contract provisions, and specifications.
• Manages all activities related to the district’s administrative support team, including the maintenance of information contained in logs, written communications, databases, spreadsheets, and other district applications,
• Oversees the support team’s interaction with members of the Board to ensure timely submission of agendas, minutes, and notifications to comply with Brown Act requirements.
• Administers, maintains, and develops District policies and administrative regulations pertaining to human resources; provides assistance to management, supervisors, and staff in the interpretation of human resources policies and procedures; ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and District policies related to personnel management and employer/employee relations; provides leadership in representing the District in employee disciplinary actions, grievance resolutions, hearings and representation before various Federal and State agencies; communicates and consults with legal counsel on employee litigation.
• Administers the District’s employee benefits program including employee health and wellness programs, workers’ compensation, risk management, and retirement programs.
• Oversees the response to Public Information Requests based on appropriateness and availability of the data.
• Monitors changes in laws, regulations, and technology that may affect District operations; implements policy and procedural changes as required.
• Prepares, reviews, and presents staff reports, various management and information updates, and reports on special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation, and supervision of staff, either directly or through subordinate levels of supervision.
• Principles and practices of database management, data mining, and data analytics to provide support to database management team including familiarity with ERP, Asset Management, and CMMS applications.
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of projects, programs, policies, procedures, and operational needs.
• Principles and practices of budget development and administration.
• Principles and practices of contract administration, monitoring, and legal requirements.
• Principles, practices, and techniques of human resources in a public agency setting, including recruitment, selection, equal employment opportunity, and employee orientation; job analysis and classification; compensation and benefit analysis and administration; risk management, workers’ compensation, and occupational safety; and employee and labor relations, including the interpretation of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
• Methods and techniques for the development of presentations, requests for proposals, business correspondence, and information distribution; research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
• Techniques for effectively representing the District in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
Education, Training, and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess the equivalent of:
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, business administration, finance, or a closely related field;
• AND Three (3) years of professional-level experience in the administration of a complex governmental organization. Experience should include overseeing human resource management, support staff and/or information technology functions. Two of the Three years must have included staff oversight or supervisory responsibilities.
The Water Replenishment District offers excellent benefits which include: vacation, holidays and sick leave; medical, dental and vision plans; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; retirement through the California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) with Social Security; deferred compensation plans; employee assistance program and educational rebate program. Details can be provided upon request.
About the District:
WRD was formed by a vote of the people in 1959 for the purpose of protecting the groundwater resources of the Central and West Coast Groundwater Basins. Today, WRD protects the basins through artificial groundwater replenishment, ensuring that aquifers maintain healthy levels. WRD further protects the basins from seawater intrusion by injecting water into wells along the coastline to keep the ocean from further contaminating the fresh groundwater aquifers. WRD routinely monitors the groundwater to ensure the quality meets all health standards
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed in detail to identify the most qualified candidates to interview.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to Bruce Davis [email protected] Neither Regional Government Services nor the Water Replenishment District of Southern California are responsible for failure of internet forms or email in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources by emailing [email protected]
THE WATER REPLENISHMENT DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER