Close Date: Apr 2, 2009
Salary: $20.00 Hourly
The City of Foster City/Estero Municipal Improvement District
Community Development Department
$20 per hour
(Temporary Position - No Benefits)
POSITION: The City of Foster City has an exciting and rewarding internship opportunity in the Community Development Department.
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate level student who would like hands on experience working in the Planning/Code Enforcement Division for city government. This paid, summer intern position will be involved in several highly visible community development projects involving land development, ordinance amendments, and day-to-day planning assignments.
The intern will work 40 hours per week with some flexibility on the schedule. This is a three month internship from June through August.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The duties listed below are illustrative only. They are not meant to be a complete and exhaustive listing of all of the duties and responsibilities of the internship:
- Provides supplemental staffing to the department, provides assistance and functions as a member of a team.
- Utilizes applicable education, training and experience to complete assignments.
- Researches and compiles information from various sources; prepares reports and correspondence; creates spreadsheets and other visual information displays.
- Processes repetitive and routine documents and forms.
- Attends City Council/District Board, committee, regional and professional meetings as required and for experience and training.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Qualified candidates must be graduate level students with a major in City and Regional Planning. Excellent communication and computer skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments are critical.
HOW TO APPLY: A City/District application is required for consideration. This position may close at any time. Submit applications online at www.calopps.org or at the Human Resources Department, City of Foster City, 610 Foster City Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Fax 650-574-3483. Job hotline 650-286-3562.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The department will contact the most qualified candidates for an interview. The candidate selected for this position must complete a fingerprint background check before starting employment.