Close Date: Jul 10, 2009
The Town of Los Gatos has an exciting internship opportunity to provide professional public experience for undergraduate or graduate students. Our internship opportunities provide experience beyond classroom through work assignments and projects with industry professionals and supervisors in various field of concentration.
For students seeking classroom credit for their internship, we will work in conjunction with your academic departments to allow you to earn college credit.
The Planning Intern will be supervised and mentored by the Planning Division staff. The position will provide learning experience in long range and the current planning process In addition, you will provide technical support to planning staff by conducting research and preparing maps and graphics. Exposure to a wide range of entry and journey-level planning and related activities can be expected.
Duties may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Associate and Assistant Planner(s) with professional and/or specialized services.
- Research and compile data for special studies.
- Field surveys.
- Participate in the General Plan update process.
- Prepare brochures related to the Town’s Historic Preservation process.
- Review plans and related applications for compliance with Town regulations.
- Shadow planners assisting the general public with planning related issues.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal intern will be currently enrolled in a recognized undergraduate or graduate level planning degree program. Experience in Planning or a related field and/or Municipal experience with computer software familiarity including, but not limited to Microsoft Word and knowledge of GIS (Arcview preferred) are desired.
To be considered, please fill-out an application through Cal-Opps. All applications will be reviewed and interviews may be limited to those applications that demonstrate the best combination of qualifications.