Close Date: Aug 2, 2010
Salary: $2,730.00 - $3,163.00 Monthly
Child Care Instructor II - School Age Program (2 positions)
Child Care Instructor II – Preschool Program (1 position)
$2,730- $3,163 per month
Full-time, 35 hours per week
LAST DATE TO APPLY: 5 p.m., Monday, August 2nd, 2010
Instructor II’s participate in day-to-day work with the children in the child care program or pre-school program and are responsible for planning, implementing and supervising daily activities. Other related duties as assigned.
The Child Care Instructor II performs the following job duties:
- Plan, implement and supervise enrichment and recreation-based programs or developmental preschool programs
- Develop age-appropriate curriculum and activities
- Coordinate and assist in the supervision of subordinate staff
- Interface with program participants, parents, host school and community members
To be eligible for this position you must have knowledge of:
- Early childhood or school-age programs
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Appropriate child guidance methods
To be eligible for this position you must possess skills in:
- Supervising and coordinating staff and children
- Planning and implementing curriculum
- Organizing and maintaining center-based environment
To be eligible for this position you must possess the ability to:
· Supervise and coordinate large and small-group activities with children
- Work cooperatively to achieve program goals
- Write, speak and read effectively
- Work as scheduled
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Completion of twelve (12) units of ECE, Recreation or related Education Courses
- One year working with children in a group setting
- Prefer BA in Recreation, Child Development, Education or related field
- Prefer Child Care Center Director qualified
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand and bend. The employee must occasionally carry and or lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
A City of San Rafael application is required. Resumes do not substitute for the City application. Candidates should detail related education and experience on the application since this information will be used to determine who will be invited to participate in the next phase of the examination process. The examination process may include any or all of the following: application appraisal, written examination, oral board interview examination and/or performance examination. Prior to appointment, candidate must pass a pre-employment health exam; DOJ and FBI criminal record clearance (Livescan) and submit transcripts to verify education requirements. Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department, Room 210, City Hall, 1400 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94915-1560 no later than 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date. Phone (415) 485-3063. Fax (415) 485-3191.
Reasonable Accommodation: The City of San Rafael will make reasonable accommodations in the process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact us at (415) 485-3063 no later than seven (7) calendar days before the exam date.
Applications are available at the following locations:
City Hall, 1400 Fifth Avenue, Room 210, San Rafael, CA CA 94915-1560 . Applications may be returned by mail, on-line, in person, or by fax to (415) 485-3191. To file an application on-line go to www.calopps.org. Select “Member Agencies”. Select “Display all 63 Agencies”. Select “City of San Rafael”.
For more information about the City of San Rafael, please visit http://www.cityofsanrafael.org/Government/Human_Resources.