|Close Date: Continuous
Salary: $97,469.00 - $140,182.00 Annually
RGS is pleased to recruit for this exciting position on behalf of the San Mateo County Harbor District
Director of Administrative Services
First Application Review Date: February 17, 2017
Essential Functions and Responsibilites:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, administers and directs the administrative, business and fiscal operations for the District; provides confidential support and advice to the General Manager, and other District staff on finance, human resources, purchasing, information technology, risk management, contract management, public information, grant management and real property management issues
- Selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, mentors and disciplines staff. Manages the daily activities of assigned staff; plans, prioritizes, and assigns tasks and projects
- Develops and provides effective customer service standards and ensures the timeliness of service delivery; responds to citizen complaints and inquiries
- Prepares annual budget, monitors expenditures, and reviews financial reports; oversees annual audit process; manages fiscal policies, and assures effectiveness of financial controls
- Oversees all activities related to the District’s accounting function, including the accounting system, payroll, accounts payable, processing and issuance of checks and warrants, and cash receipts
- Oversees all personnel and human resources functions and transactions, including recruitment, selection, evaluation, salary and benefits and other terms and conditions of employment; represents the District in labor relations matters, including the meet-and-confer process, grievances, and related matters
- Oversees risk management; ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, municipal and other codes and ordinances; working with the Director of Operations, provides for the training of staff in risk management practices and procedures
- Oversees the property management functions for publicly owned, leased waterfront land and facilities
- Oversees the Information Technology function, including the purchase and implementation of new computer hardware and software, the management of all computer servers, and ensuring the security of the District’s IT system
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting, finance, economics, business or public administration or a closely related field. A master’s degree is desirable. Degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be considered for this requirement.
Experience: Five (5) years of professional-level experience administering a complex organization, including two years in the management of public enterprises. Experience should include preparation and analysis of major operational and/or capital improvement budgets and exercising fiscal controls, overseeing human resource and information technology functions. Two of the five years must have included supervisory responsibilities.
It is important to complete all required application materials. Applications will be reviewed in detail to identify the most qualified candidates to interview. Those who file by the first application review date will be given first consideration in our application review process, and will be contacted regarding the status of their application no later than the second week of March.
The ideal candidate has at least five years’ experience in public finance and human resources management; is skilled at building and supervising motivated and productive teams; has excellent communications and interpersonal skills; is committed to the principles and practices of public administration, including governmental transparency; has strong experience and/or interest in change management, and is motivated by the great professional growth and satisfaction that comes from working in an environment ripe with challenge and possibility.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life insurance for "employee only"
• Vacation and Sick Leave currently as Personal Time Off
• 13 Holidays
• Retirement through CalPERS
- [email protected] for Classic Members
- [email protected] for New Members