AC Transit is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Superintendent. This position serves as the primary maintenance manager overseeing one of our divisions. Under general direction, this positions plans, coordinates, and directs the cleaning, service maintenance, repair, and overhaul of District vehicles for an assigned operating division. In addition to working with some of the best in the business at one of the largest bus agencies in California, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and 457 savings plan.
- Develops and implements performance goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work plans for the assigned Maintenance division.
- Analyzes Maintenance department workload for the assigned division; sets priorities, and schedules activities for a complex 24 hour operation.
- Analyzes and maintains a wide variety of computerized and paper records, including buses "out late;" road call statistics and reasons; breakdown reports by specific manufacturer and equipment type; fuel, oil, and lubricant consumption; vehicle repairs; accumulated engine mileage; tire life; and overhaul status.
- Analyzes the causes of unscheduled maintenance, implements reduction plans, reviews results, and modifies as needed to attain on-time performance acceptable to the District. Supervises staff directly, and through subordinate supervisors.Monitors the assignment and completion of projects and jobs, including staff performance.
- Authorizes and monitors the training of division maintenance personnel.
- Counsels employees on problems affecting work performance.Determines the need for discipline, issues adverse letters, and participates in disciplinary or grievance hearings.
- Meets informally with union officials and/or shop stewards to resolve concerns regarding working conditions; in order to avoid grievances.
- Consults with Transportation Department personnel regarding the availability of revenue vehicles, and other requirements.
- Schedules major and minor bus component replacement and overhauls. Coordinates the installation of new equipment, such as wheelchair lifts, and electronic fare boxes.
- Schedules construction, remodeling, or repair of buildings, equipment, and premises.
- Consults with the staff of the Procurement Department and Materials unit to set specifications, and review tool and equipment orders.
- Provides cost estimates to the Claims Department, as well as vehicle failure information pertinent to the resolution of claims.
- Prepares estimates of labor, parts, and material costs for vehicle and facilities maintenance projects and activities.
- Consults with representatives of vehicle and parts manufacturers in regard to District performance requirements, vehicle and equipment wear, failure trends, and other issues.
- Enforces Cal/OSHA laws and District safety rules and regulations.Submits industrial injury reports following OSHA guidelines.
- Initiates and signs all department turn-around documents, including job vacancies and job postings. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all division personnel records.
- Performs periodic personal inspection tours of all division maintenance facilities, including individual shops and buses, during on-duty hours.
- Initiates and responds to correspondence, telephone calls, and emails.
- May be required to temporarily replace or act in the position of the senior District staff member to whom this position normally reports, and may be required to perform some or all the senior staff members representative functions in these situations.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business Administration, Management, or a similar field.
Experience: Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in heavy duty-coach maintenance, at least three (3) years of which involved supervisory and/or management level experience and responsibilities equivalent to an AC Transit Senior Maintenance Supervisor.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (2) possess physical mobility in order to move around a large maintenance facility.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED AT-WILL POSITION
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1615176
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job-related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug-Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.