AC Transit is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Budget Manager. This position serves as the overall management of the district budget. Under general direction, plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the activities of the Budget unit of the Finance department, including short- and long-range operating and capital budgets and coordinates District-wide budget activities with other departments. In addition to working with some of the best in the business at one of the largest bus agencies in California, AC Transit also has an excellent benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and 457 savings plan.
- Plans, organizes, and directs Budget unit activities including the annual operating budget and long-range forecasting.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), policies and procedures for the Budget unit. Assigns, delegates, reviews, and evaluates the work of staff. Coordinates staff training, and implements progressive discipline as needed.
- Provides financial forecasting and economic analysis to District departments and Executive staff, including feasibility studies and cost analysis.
- Reviews District-wide budget performance throughout the fiscal year, extracts data from District's Peoplesoft enterprise business system, identifies variances, and recommends allocations or reductions.
- Uses District's Prophix budget planning and reporting system in creating budgets, reporting on financial information, and assisting departments in monitoring their financial performance, and manages development, use, and access of the system.
- Coordinates unit activities with those of other Finance department units, other District departments, and outside agencies and organizations.
- Assist the Department Director with Union negotiations.
- • Consults with Executive Staff on a continual basis to determine the financial impact of alternative financial decisions.Develops and implements actions and strategies to address economic fluctuations.
- Represents the Finance department, and the District in a variety of inter-agency, governmental, and public forums. Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Reports to the Board of Directors as required.
- Administers the activities, and reviews the work of external consultants.
- Answers questions and provides financial and budget information to District Staff, and the public.
- May be required to temporarily act in the position of the Department Director and may be required to perform some or all of the senior staff member's essential functions in such situations.
- Evaluate budgeting procedures in order to develop and implement new processes and technologies to support the Budget unit's operational tasks.
- Work with staff on the evaluation, implementation and testing of business systems for the District.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education/Training: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economics, finance, business administration, accounting, or a related field.
Experience: Equivalent to at least six (6) years of increasing responsibility in budget development and administration, including five (5) years of verifiable supervisory experience.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience with PeopleSoft, strong communication and analytical skills, detail oriented, experienced in Excel and navigating in systems to generate reports.
Physical Requirements: (1) Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting and operate computers, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. (2) Must possess the physical mobility necessary to transport oneself to various locations around the District.
THIS POSITION IS AN UNREPRESENTED AT-WILL POSITION
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1702672
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job-related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug-Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer