The City of Albany is currently recruiting for a part-time Recreation Park Service Aide. This is a part-time seasonal position which generally runs from June through the end of October. The typical work schedule is Saturday and/or Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Hours may change slightly depending on park rental schedule.
Examples of Job Duties
The City is responsible for park clean up at Ocean View Park, Memorial Park, and Terrace Park. The City is seeking a part-time Park Service Aide to assist the Recreation and Community Services Department with basic park clean up on weekends. Primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Trash pick up in the parks and restrooms
- Emptying garbage containers to dumpsters
- Wiping down restroom counters, barbeques, removing coals from barbeques, and posting reservation signs.
- Other similar duties as assigned
A City vehicle will be provided for transportation between the three parks and to transport garbage as needed. The typical work schedule is Saturday and/or Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm; however, hours may change slightly depending on park rental schedules.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid California Class C driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- LiveScan background fingerprinting clearance
- Ability to work independently and perform work assignments with limited supervision
- Ability to read, understand and apply written regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Park Service Aide staff are required to wear a department-issued t-shirt
This is a temporary position that is not eligible for benefits beyond what is required by law.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply today! All completed applications will be reviewed. Based on the information provided in the application documents, the most qualified applicants will be invited to an interview.
The information contained above is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract. The City of Albany is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director at (510) 528-5714 at least five days prior to any examination.