The City of Albany is currently recruiting for Part-Time Building Attendants within our Recreation & Community Services Department. Building Attendants typically work between 8 and 15 hours per week. The shift is usually 1 to 2 nights per week, including weekends, for approximately 5 to 6 hours per shift. There may also be opportunities to work special events that will require work on weekdays and weekends. Work schedules vary based on department needs and are subject to change on a weekly basis.
Examples of Job Duties
Set up tables, chairs, equipment for events & classes
Responsible for opening and closing of facility
- Set up and operate audio & video equipment
- Greet visitors at the reception desk; provide information; may refer visitors to other offices
- Will work with class instructors and facility renters on a daily basis
- Maintain order and discipline at assigned facility
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean kitchen and other areas as needed
- Perform routine building & grounds maintenance
- Identify and report maintenance repair needs
- Assign, retrieve, and keep record of keys
- May collect fees and assist the public with information regarding recreation classes
- Other similar duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assign, retrieve, and keep record of keys
- Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently; work requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping
- Ability to set up and break down activities that take place in the facility
- Experience working with audio & video equipment is desired
- Experience in developing positive interactions with the public is required
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to complete work assignments
- Ability to perform routine maintenance, such as mop, vacuum, and sweep floors, clean classrooms and lobby areas
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the facility’s needs & assist in special events during the year
This is a part-time position that is not eligible for benefits beyond what is required by law.
Interested individuals should apply online. All completed applications will be reviewed. Based on the information provided in the application documents, the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process.
This job announcement is intended only as a general descriptive guide and is subject to change without notice. It does not constitute an express or implied contract. The City of Albany is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director at (510) 528-5714 at least five business days prior to any examination.