The City of Albany is currently recruiting a motivated and energetic candidate to fill a Program Leader III (Youth After-school & Teen Center Programs). The Program Leader III is a part-time position (15-25 hours per week) and plays a key role in the programs provided to youth and teens in our community.
Typical Job Duties
- Oversees after school care programs for youth and/or teens
- Oversees subordinate staff under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Supervisor
- Day to day services at the Friendship Club or Teen Center
- Implementing new programs for our youth or teens
- Bringing new services and programs to the Friendship Club or Teen Center
- Attend Department or City Staff Meetings
- May assist with City Special Events
- Participate in professional development trainings, when offered
- Assist with other Department programs, events or tasks, as needed
Three years of experience working in a recreation department, or a related field
Commitment to building community through programs, events and services
Able to work a flexible weekday schedule (and occasional nights and weekends)
Must possess a valid class C California Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
The Ideal Candidate
Works well in a fast-paced environment
Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Maintains organized records, schedules, contact lists, etc.
Performs work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative, and works well independently
Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with the general public and those contacted in the course of work
Solves problems and resolves conflicts as they arise
This is a temporary position that is not eligible for benefits beyond what is required by law.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply today! All completed applications will be reviewed. Based on the information provided in the application documents, the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process.
The information contained above is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract. The City of Albany is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director at (510) 528-5714 at least five days prior to any examination.