Applicants applying for this position must be available to work three (3) to five (5) weekdays per week from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Typical Job Tasks Include:
- Assists in the set-up, serving, and clean-up of the Congregate meal program at the Senior Center and also assist Recreation Aides with recreation programs and events at the Community Center, Senior Center, Teen Center, Child Care Center, and/or any of the city’s parks.
- Conducts specific recreation or community services skills at an assigned facility.
- Performs related clerical duties.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks, which may include routine facility and grounds set-up and/or maintenance.
- Maintains and submits records and reports related to job assignments.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
ABOUT THE SENIOR CENTER
The Albany Senior Center is a division of the Albany Recreation and Community Services Department and provides a comprehensive array of services, social and recreational programs to meet the needs of adults 50 and older in the community enhancing their quality of life and helping them to remain active, healthy and independent.
This is a part-time position that is not eligible for benefits beyond what is required by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should apply online. All completed applications will be reviewed. Based on the information provided in the application documents, the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the selection process.
The City of Albany is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Director at (510) 528-5714.
This job announcement is intended only as a general descriptive guide and is subject to change without notice. It does not constitute an express or implied contract.
If you currently hold a valid (non-expired) SERVSAFE certificate, please attach to your employment application. You may also attach a copy of your resume as well.