Alliance of Schools for Cooperative Insurance Programs (ASCIP) is searching for a Senior Risk Services Consultant to provide consultation and member services to public education agency members located in California. The position is office based in Cerritos and will require travel to different member locations on a frequent basis. Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Risk Services, this position is responsible to provide senior level consultative services to ASCIP public education agency members in the following areas; risk analysis, risk management, risk transfer, safety, loss control and loss prevention. The Consultant will assist members to identify, monitor, design/develop, and deliver services and programs to mitigate risks for their students, staff and the public. The right candidate for the role will bring strong relationship-building skills, acute customer focus, and sound technical skills and experience to reduce risks and losses for individual members and for the entire ASCIP membership.
Risk Services Consulting
- Meet with members to determine risk control needs and assist with program design
- Provide information and guidance on safety, loss control and risk management services to members that are specific to school operations
- Review contracts upon request to provide guidance on insurance and indemnification provisions
- Provide guidance on general inquiries regarding general and auto liability, property, workers’ compensation and crime insurance
- Assist members to implement risk control strategies as identified by third parties
- Assist in analysis of member losses and the development of strategies to address root causes
- Research regulatory requirements (Cal-OSHA, California Educational Code, etc.) as required to provide guidance to members on risk management and loss control issues
- Assist members with obtaining information on ASCIP training programs
- Assist members with disaster preparedness and ensure compliance with Standardized Emergency Management System and National Incident Management Systems requirements
- Conduct risk management, loss control, and emergency preparedness training as necessary
Delivery of Risk Control Services
- Determine the most appropriate means for reducing losses and assign appropriate personnel and resources necessary to ensure efficient delivery of services
- Coordinate the delivery of specialized risk control services, by outside vendors, to meet member needs
- Review and follow up on all contract services to insure quality, timeliness and customer satisfaction
Communications and Customer Service
- Provide prompt and courteous responses to member requests via phone, email or other direct communication
- Maintain appropriate records and or document member information utilizing internal client relationship management software
- Work with and support other risk services consultants as needed to provide program services
- Create reports to management as may be needed
- Participate in risk control staff development activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The CEO may revise the essential duties and reporting relationship of this position at any time.
A bachelor’s degree in a field related to risk control or an area of study likely to make a candidate successful in this position is required along with seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience in risk management or loss control. Excellent communication skills are required along with an engaging, affable personality. A master’s degree and/or additional professional certifications are highly desirable. Experience with public entities, insurance, risk management or risk pooling is also desirable.
ASCIP offers a generous benefits package that includes CalPERS retirement, medical, dental, and vision Insurance, 403(b) and 457 plans, and other benefits.
Recruitment will be opened until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as recruitment may close at any time.
To be considered for this exciting career opportunity, please apply directly at www.calopps.org Please attach a cover letter and resume directly to the CalOpps application. The cover letter and resume may also be sent via U.S. postal mail to ASCIP, Human Resources, 16550 Bloomfield Avenue, Cerritos, CA 90703, or via email to email@example.com. This is a confidential process and references will not be contacted until mutual interest is established.