The City of Belmont Parks & Recreation Department is recruiting for the position of Recreation Leaders for Summer 2020. If you are an energetic candidate, who has proven abilities to engage the youth and teen population and want to make a positive difference in their lives, this is the position for you!
Recreation Leader Requirement
• Must be available for paid training June 10 - June 13, 2020.
• Must be available for summer camp season June 15 - August 7, 2020.
• Camp closed Friday, July 3, 2020 for the Holiday.
Recreation leaders will
• Work with campers ages 4 ½ to 13 years of age.
• Lead games, songs, arts & crafts, sports, and large group projects all summer long.
• Participate in pre-summer training sessions, camp set-up and clean-up.
• Be outspoken, and demonstrate good role model to the staff and campers.
• Be able to work any assigned shift with varying hourly schedules (Monday-Friday).
• Be enthusiastic and enjoy working outdoors and being with children.
• Come with ideas for summer activities and a willingness to participate and lead activities.
Salary (depending on experience) and Hours:
Recreation Leader $15.00-$18.23
Senior Recreation Leader $16.50-$20.06
Recreation Specialist I (Camp Site Leads) $18.15-$22.06
Recreation Specialist II (Camp Director) $19.97-$24.27
This is a part-time position. Hours will range from 19 to 35 hours per week with no weekend shifts.
Experience and Education
Knowledge of recreational activities, ability to interact effectively with children and youth, communicate and work effectively with staff and must be a reliable, productive team member. Minimum of 15 years of age.
Applicants must maintain a current CPR/AED and Basic First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within the first month of employment. The City of Belmont will provide a paid class during staff training week.
This is a casual position without benefits.
State of California law requires fingerprinting of potential employees and volunteers who will have direct contact with children prior to beginning employment. (Public Resource Code 5164)