The City of Belmont is seeking a Senior Lifeguard to supervise the Summer Aquatics Program.
• Must hold current Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED and First Aid Certificates. With proof of payment, the City will reimburse you for the cost of the lifeguard certification training at the end of the aquatics season.
*For more information on Lifeguard certification please visit:
Typical shift is from 9:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
• Must have at least one year of supervisory experience.
• Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred.
•Must be available for paid training June 10 - June 12, 2020.
•Must be available for the summer aquatics season June 15 - July 31, 2020.
•Pool closed Friday, July 3, 2020 for the Holiday.
•Pool closed Monday-Friday July 20-24, 2020 for a water polo tournament
Experience and Education
Minimum age at time of hire is 18 years old.
Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lesson instruction.
Ability to lead, work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
What You Will Do
• Supervise and ensure patron safety at all times, including clearly and professionally conveying rules to patrons and enforcing facility regulations.
• Administer first aid and provide emergency care as required.
• Work outdoors in varying weather conditions and with exposure to pool chemicals.
• Maintain a safe aquatic environment.
• Greet the public and respond to questions and inquiries.
• Assist the Swim Lesson program.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor by wearing appropriate uniform or attire for the position and exhibiting respect and enthusiasm.
• Facilitate program activities according to a prepared curriculum.
• Provide feedback regarding the City's aquatic program and activity schedules to the participants or supervisors.
• Conduct proper opening and closing procedures of the aquatic facility.
• Assist in staff trainings and meetings.
• Analyze program needs and recommend new and innovative program ideas.
• Set up proper furniture arrangements, equipment, and facility maintenance.
• Work as a Lead with Lifeguards and Swim Instructors and offer assistance in maintaining the proper execution of all aspects of facility programs.
• Ensure all policies of the City of Belmont are followed during all programs, special events and facility use.
• Provide excellent customer service and problem solving.
• Perform functions of registration software applications.
• Prepare daily deposits and reconcile daily reports.
• Ensure all revenues received at assigned site are properly entered and accounted for.
This is a casual position without benefits.
State of California law requires fingerprinting of potential employees and volunteers who will have direct contact with children prior to beginning employment. (Public Resource Code 5164)