Building Attendant I/II
Temporary / Part-Time Postion - No Benefits
Approximately 20 hours per week - Evenings & Weekends
(Not to exceed 1,000 hours in a fiscal year)
The Belmont Parks and Recreation Department is recruiting for part-time Building Attendants. Building Attendants provide operational supervision of facilities during the absence of full-time staff.
Building Attendant I - This is the entry level class in the Building Attendant series. Incumbents in this class work under close supervision. As experience is gained, incumbents may be granted more independence of action under established guidelines.
Building Attendant II - This is the journey level class in the Building Attendant series. Incumbents are expected to work independently in the absence of close supervision.
- Perform the physical set up and breakdown for events held at City facilities, including: positioning chairs, tables, and other equipment according to specifications for event.
- Opening and closing of facilities during meetings, social events, and community use.
- Opening and closing of arming/disarming alarm system.
- Provide customer service during events by orienting users, answering questions and resolving problems.
- Assure facility use is in compliance with facility use rules and regulations.
- Follow City policies in the event of an emergency or security problem.
- Perform minor cleaning as needed including: sweeping, dusting, and garbage removal.
- Safe work practices.
- Modern office equipment including computer equipment and applicable software applications.
- Equipment and materials used in public facilities (examples: custodial products, commercial furniture, microphones, audio/visual equipment).
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work variable hours, including morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Read diagrams for every set up.
- Ensure safety and security of buildings.
Experience, Training, Licensure & Certificates:
Experience: Previous experience working with the public desirable.
Training: Completion of High School or equivalent.
Licenses: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid CA Driver's License.
Certificates: CPR-AED and First Aid certification desirable.
This is a temporary, part-time position without benefits.