The City of Brisbane is currently accepting applications for Facilities Attendant. Under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the efficient preparation and tear down of equipment at City facilities by performing a variety of unskilled tasks. A full job description can be found online at:
Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school.
Experience: Previous experience performing custodial-related work is desirable.
- Operation and use of City equipment provided to facility users.
- Safety regulations necessary to maintain the safety of facility users and the security of City facilities and equipment.
- Methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Safe lifting and moving practices and procedures for chairs, tables, and heavy equipment.
- Effective communication skills appropriate for dealing with a variety of individuals.
- Care and clean equipment utilized in City facilities.
- Instruct individuals on the proper use and care of City facilities and equipment.
- Making effective judgments regarding the well-being of facility users and City facilities and equipment.
- Enforce safety regulations to ensure the safety of facility users and security of facilities and equipment.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively with individuals of all ages.
- Establish and maintain relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Properly use a variety of custodial materials and perform light cleaning tasks.
- Set up and tear down chairs, tables, audio/visual equipment, etc. and carry supplies to be utilized in City facilities for scheduled functions.
- Occasionally collect drop in fees for class registrations.
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service to those encountered over the course of work.
SALARY AND HOURS: $14.94 – $15.68 – $16.47 – $17.29 - $18.15 per hour. Part-time position - Paid sick leave benefit available. (Initial appointments are generally made at the first step of this five-step scale). Must be willing to work off-shift and weekend hours, depending upon the program or project to which assigned.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates must submit a completed online application at www.calopps.org/city-of-Brisbane. Resumes in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Applications will be screened and a limited number of the most qualified candidates will be invited to an oral interview with the Recreation Manager and/or Recreation Supervisor. Recommendations for appointment from this list will be made to the Deputy City Manager, who will make the final decision. Depending on the number of applicants, this process may be altered. Prior to appointment, a background check, including fingerprinting for submission to the Department of Justice must be completed.
¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨
The City of Brisbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin in its employment actions, decisions, policies, and practices. The duties described in this job announcement are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job announcement does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Paid Sick Leave - 24 hours of paid sick leave is available after 90 days of employment.