The City of Campbell announces an employment opportunity for:
High School Work Experience - Human Resources
TEMPORARY, PART-TIME, NON-BENEFITED
Hours: 4-10 hours per week/2 days a week minimum
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Position: The Campbell Human Resources Office seeks a receptionist to assist with customer service and clerical duties under general supervision of department staff.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to interested parties
- Maintains files and records and processes mail
- Provide a high level of customer service while handling routine inquiries and requests
- Operates a variety of office equipment including personal computer
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Follow City and Department guidelines and policies
- Meet the public with courtesy and tact
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in high school grades 11 or 12
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to complete assignments and follow oral and written instructions effectively
- Maintain a consistent schedule
The most qualified applicants as determined by initial screening of applications will be invited to participate in an interview. Selections will be made from the results of the interview, practical and references. Selection is contingent upon a pre-employment fingerprinted background check.
How To Apply:
City of Campbell Employment Application - Available at www.cityofcampbell.com/hr or at Human Resources, 70 N. First Street, Campbell, CA 95008 (City Hall, Upper Level).
Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment process, including employment verification and a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint check. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will result in disqualification or termination.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should advise the Human Resources Division upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. The City of Campbell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a part-time, temporary non-benefited position