The City of Campbell announces an employment opportunity for:
Pre-School Teacher's Aide
Salary Range: $15.00 to $17.00 per hour DOQ
Part-Time, Temporary Non-Benefited position
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Position: Teacher Aides assist with the Tiny Tots (3-4 yrs). Campbell Recreation Pre-School builds fundamental cognitive, emotional, social, and physical skills for children ages 3 to 4. Classes are held late August through the end of May at the Campbell Community Center.
- Assist teacher in providing a safe, positive, and fun class conducive to learning
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of classroom and preparation of art projects
- Greet children at the door upon their arrival and check children out as they leave
- Supervise children in the playground area to ensure safe, injury-free play
- Set up and/or put away playground activities
- Perform other duties as assigned, which will vary by classroom and teacher
Ability to: Offer a pre-school class suited to the needs of a diverse community; follow oral and written instructions; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; perform manual work; maintain assigned areas and equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Move objects between 20 and 50 pounds for short distances. Possess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position which requires standing, bending, sitting (including sitting on the floor and/or in small chairs at children’s level).
Knowledge of: Common recreational and social needs of preschoolers; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; analyze, interpret and explain program policies and procedures.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade. Prior experience leading pre-school or school aged children in a classroom setting is desired, but not required.
- Training and/or experience working with children in a structured classroom setting
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and teachers
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which requires standing, bending, sitting (including sitting on the floor and/or in small chairs at children’s level)
- Ability to keep basic records and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in an interview. Selections will be made from the results of the interview. Selection is contingent upon a pre-employment criminal history background check and the ability to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
How to Apply:
Submit the below materials via email through www.calopps.org, in person, or
via mail to Attn: Lauren Council, Recreation Supervisor, Campbell Community Center, 1 West Campbell Avenue, #C-31, Campbell, CA 95008 or at Human Resources 70 N. First Street, Campbell, CA 95008 (City Hall, Upper Level) or by email: email@example.com
The City of Campbell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment
on the basis of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation. Candidates with a
disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process,
should advise City of Campbell upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for
accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is a part-time temporary non-benefited position