The City of Campbell announces an employment opportunity for:
Pre-School Teacher's Aide
Recreation & Community Services Department
Salary Range: $15.00 to $17.50 per hour DOQ
Part-Time, Temporary Non-Benefited position
Schedule: M/Tu 9:00am-1:00pm or M/T 8:45am-12:15pm or W/Th 8:45am-12:15pm
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Position: The Recreation and Community Services Department seeks a Teacher’s Aide to assist in the pre-school classroom. Campbell Recreation Pre-School builds fundamental cognitive, emotional, social, and physical skills for children ages 3 to 5. Classes are held September through May at the Campbell Community Center.
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of classroom and preparation of art projects
- Greet children upon their arrival and check children out as they leave
- Supervise children in the playground area to ensure safe, injury-free play
- Set up and/or put away playground activities
- Assist teacher in providing a safe, positive, and fun class conducive to learning
- Other duties as assigned, which will vary by classroom and teacher
- Training and/or experience working with children in a structured classroom setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and teachers
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which requires standing, bending, sitting (including sitting on the floor and in small chairs at children’s level)
- Ability to keep basic records and perform basic arithmetic calculations
Selection Process: The most qualified applicants as determined by a screening of applications will be invited to participate in an interview. Selections will be made from the results of the interview. Selection is contingent upon a pre-employment fingerprinted criminal history records check and the ability to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
The City of Campbell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Campbell upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is a part-time temporary non-benefited position