The City of Campbell is currently seeking candidates for our School Crossing Guard position.
Be an important member of a successful team of individuals committed to the safety of school children in our community. School Crossing Guards work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the regular school year. School Crossing Guards are assigned to designated locations in the City of Campbell assisting elementary and junior high school students to safely cross the streets.
SALARY: $16.00-$23.00 Hourly
HOURS: 15-20 Hours per week
- Assist school children to safely cross streets
- Report crimes, violations, accidents, or injuries
- Assist the public
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to get transportation to different post locations in Campbell
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must not have any dangerous criminal convictions
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Must be able to communicate clearly with city personnel, pedestrians and motorists
- Must be able to work different shift hours, and all school year
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Must have a sense of responsibility for the safety of children
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications are only accepted online. Emailed or faxed will not be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed by the department and will be invited to participate in interviews. Qualified candidates are not automatically guaranteed to advance to the interview round.
This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
Successful completion of a background investigation will be required prior to being hired. The City of Campbell will provide all safety equipment and uniforms.
For more information about the Crossing Guard Program and details about this employment opportunity, call the City of Campbell HR Department at (408) 866-2705 or email: email@example.com.
The City of Campbell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation.
Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Campbell upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited position