The Campbell Recreation and Community Services Department seeks Customer Service Clerks!
The Campbell Recreation and Community Services Department seeks Customer Service Clerks (Part-Time, Temporary Non-Benefited) to assist with daily job duties associated with the main office of the Recreation and Community Services Department.
Salary Range: $16.00 to $20.00 per hour DOQ
Schedule: Mondays through Fridays, Approximately 8 -12 hours per week
- Answers inquiries and provides information to interested parties.
- Processes registrations, receives payments and issues receipts.
- Maintains files and records and processes mail.
- Provide a high level of customer service while handling routine inquiries and requests such as assisting the public in selecting appropriate recreation activities and processing registration payments and customer refunds.
- Registers participants in City sponsored classes and events.
- Acts as receptionist by referring calls and inquiries to the proper person or department.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including personal computer.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain accurate and organized program files and records.
- Follow City and Department guidelines and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn registration software.
- Ability to complete assignments with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to keep basic records and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- One year of experience in recreation/leisure services, customer service, and/or community-based services highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual candidate highly desirable.
The City of Campbell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Campbell upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is a Part-Time, Temporary Non-Benefited position.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, until position is filled.
Applications are only accepted online. Emailed or faxed will not be accepted. Résumés should be attached separately. Please do not substitute “see résumé” on the employment history section of the applications. A completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire must be received by the Human Resources Division by the closing date.
The most qualified applicants as determined by initial screening of applications will be invited to participate in an interview. Selections will be made from the results of the interview, practical exercise and references. Selection is contingent on a pre-employment fingerprinted background check.
A completed application will include the following:
- Completed Online Application
- Letter of Recommendation (2 required - Reference calls can be in lieu of Letters of Recommendation)
- List of References
- Work Permit (if you are under 18 years old and still in high school)