Youth Basketball Referee
Open: June 12, 2018 Recruitment will close when positions are filled
Seasonal (September, 2018 to November, 2018)
Position is for Part-time employment from September to November approximately ten (10) hours per week(hours may vary depending on basketball scheduling) Number of Positions to be filled are six (6) Part time/Seasonal positions. Games are held on Saturday(s). The positions work only during the sports activity season.
Sports officials are responsible for officiating youth sports programs. Most games are on evening and weekend schedules.
• Officiate activities of assigned youth basketball program, including administering program schedules, participating in all program activities, monitoring and enforcing rules and regulations, monitoring games to maintain time schedules, maintaining a safe environment and collecting necessary paperwork.
• Instruct youth in sports rules, model appropriate behavior, monitor strict adherence to and enforce sport and spectator rules.
• Ensure appropriate use, maintenance and storage of sports program supplies and equipment.
• Establish and maintain a respectful and courteous working relationship with participants, volunteers, staff and those contacted in the course of work.
• Prior experience officiating relevant sporting events involving youth or adults preferred.
• Knowledgeable of rules and regulations of assigned sport program.
• Able to work assigned program hours.
• Must be able to run, squat, see and hear for the duration of a game
This position is not eligible for City benefits other than those mandated by Federal and State Law.
• First Aid/CPR Certification desirable.
Prior to employment, the candidate selected for the position will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test along with background check which will include fingerprinting.
The City of Ceres is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make all reasonable accommodations for the disabled to participate in employment, programs and facilities. Please notify Human Resources of any special testing arrangements needed to be made to accommodate any disability during the recruitment process you may have. The City of Ceres, as part of its Affirmative Action Program encourages minorities, women, and the disabled to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*NOTE: Information contained herein does not constitute an expressed or implied contract as it is subject to change