**PAY RATE: $18 - $22 PER GAME**
GET PAID TO OFFICIATE! Chico Area Recreation & Park District is accepting applications for adult softball officials.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Field Supervisor, the softball umpire will control all on-field situations that may occur during a CARD Adult Softball game, ensure the safety of the participants on the field, and provide a high level of customer service for all participants.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Understand and enforce game rules.
- Attend appropriate training sessions and meetings as required.
- Communicate/prevent/mediate/resolve: protests, conflicts, and disputes, that may arise during the game.
- Provide written and verbal feedback regarding job-related problems, questions, suggestions, and situations to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Familiarity with softball rules, safety policies, procedures and officiating techniques.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Conflict resolution
Time Commitment: The spring season will run March 26 -May 25
Officials: Adult softball games are weeknights from 6:00 PM -10:30 PM. Schedules may vary.
The ideal candidate possesses a friendly, enthusiastic and proactive attitude. He/She will provide a positive customer service experience for all participants, through rule enforcement, communicating/mediating conflicts and familiarizing with policies and procedures.
Previous softball officiating and/or playing experience is recommended.