**PAY RATE IS $15.00 - $21.00 PER GAME**
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under direct supervision, the Sports Official will control all game situations which might occur during a sport program, supervise the onsite safety of the participants, and provide a public relation for the participants of the sports program.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Understand and enforce all game rules.
- Attend appropriate training sessions and meetings as required by the particular activity.
- Communicate/prevent/mediate/resolve protests, conflicts, and disputes, which arise during the game.
- Provide written and verbal feedback about your job-related problems, questions, suggestions, and situations to the Recreation Specialist or the Recreation Supervisor.
- Be familiar with program/sport rules, policies, procedures and officiating techniques.
- Be fair, be firm but understanding, be open to conversation and discussion, and keep cool at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Time Commitment: The spring season will run March 26 - May 25.
Officials: Adult flag football games are weeknights from 6pm -10:30pm. Schedules will vary, but games are typically scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and/or Fri.
The ideal candidate possesses a friendly, enthusiastic and proactive attitude. He/She will provide a positive customer service experience for all participants, through rule enforcement, communicating/mediating conflicts and familiarizing with policies and procedures.
Previous flag football officiating and/or playing experience is recommended.