Chico Area Recreation & Park District is accepting applications for an Adult Sports Baseball Umpire. Baseball Officials will be working for CARD’s adult men’s spring/summer leagues.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under direct supervision, the Sports Official will control all game situations which might occur during a sport program, supervise the onsite safety of the participants, and provide a public relation for the participants of the sports program.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Understand and enforce all game rules.
- Attend appropriate training sessions and meetings as required by the particular activity.
- Communicate/prevent/mediate/resolve protests, conflicts, and disputes, which arise during the game.
- Provide written and verbal feedback about your job-related problems, questions, suggestions, and situations to the Recreation Specialist or the Recreation Supervisor.
- Be familiar with program/sport rules, policies, procedures and officiating techniques.
- Be fair, be firm but understanding, be open to conversation and discussion, and keep cool at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Time Commitment: The spring season will run March 26 - May 25.
Officials: Adult baseball games are typically Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7:00 PM and Sundays 4:00 PM-7:00 PM. Times and days of the week may vary.
Starting salary is $52 per game (plate) and $32 per game (bases).
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be well organized, professional, have experience officiating baseball or other applicable sports or a minimum of 4 years of playing/coaching baseball. Applicants must be able to work during the specified program hours.