Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I
($19.62 - $25.11 per hour)
The City of Chowchilla is seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I to assist in the operation and maintenance of the City’s wastewater treatment and collection system under general supervision of the Utilities Systems Supervisor and/or Director of Public Works.
Full-Time Positions Available
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Applicants are recommended to apply and submit application materials online at www.CalOpps.org. Application materials can also be emailed or hand-delivered to Chowchilla City Hall, Human Resources, 130 S Second Street, Chowchilla, CA 93610; emailed to CityClerk@CityofChowchilla.org; faxed (559) 665-7418.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR I
This position is a full time, entry-level position. This individual will normally work under general supervision performing a group of related duties according to established procedures at the wastewater treatment plant and the wastewater collection system. While a variety of tasks may be assigned, each step usually follows a pattern which has been established and explained. The position reports to the Chief Waste Water Plant Operator.
To be eligible for this position, a candidate must possess of a State Water Resources Control Board Grade I Wastewater License. Candidate must also possess a valid Class “C” California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
Due to the 9-hour plant operation requirement, the selected candidate must have the ability to, respond on weekends or holidays, and the ability to report to the work-site within forty (40) minutes after receiving notification of being called back.
- Holidays - The City recognizes 11 days each calendar year plus 1 floating holiday.
- Vacation - Employees earn 3.70 hours of vacation per pay period for the first three years and increases to the maximum of 9.23 hours per pay period.
- Sick Leave - 3.70 hours earned per pay period with no maximum accrual cap.
- Retirement - Depending on your CalPERS history, 2%@60; or, 2%@62. Employee pays entire share. The City does not participate in Social Security.
- Health Insurance - Employee pays a portion for employee and dependent coverage of medical, dental, health and life insurance.
- Medicare - City pays 1.45% of salary; employee pays 1.45% of salary.
- SDI - 1% of salary paid by employee.
- Deferred Compensation - CalPERS 457 Deferred Compensation program is available for employee participation.
- Additional - Longevity pay based on years of service; City pays all state mandated training and licenses.
Candidates must submit application materials that include a complete and signed employment application and copies of the required certificates listed under the Job Requirements in the Job Description. The materials can be uploaded to the online application through CalOpps; or, mailed or hand-delivered to Chowchilla City Hall, Human Resources, 130 S. Second St., Chowchilla, CA 93610, or emailed to CityClerk@CityOfChowchilla.org or faxed to (559) 665-7418.
Candidates considered to be best qualified based on the information provided will move forward in the recruitment process. The applicant who is ultimately chosen for the position will have to pass a background check, drug test and physical exam.