The City of Citrus Heights is seeking a Part-time Facility Attendant Trainee to assist the public in their use of the Community Center and City Hall facilities for scheduled events; trains in a wide variety of duties including preparing facility for use by private parties and community groups, set up/take down tables and chairs; minor maintenance and janitorial duties, set up of audio-visual systems, open and close facility for daytime, evening, and weekend rentals.
The position will be part of the Facilities Division of the General Services Department which oversees the maintenance and operation of City buildings, grounds, and facilities.
The specific work schedule(s) of a Facility Attendant Trainee should have flexible availability to open and close rented facilities for daytime, evening, and weekend rentals based on the needs of the City. Facility Attendant Trainees will generally work less than 29 hours per week.
- Principles and techniques for planning, servicing and coordinating a variety of entertainment, meeting, and banquet events.
- Event set up and coordination.
- Principles of customer service and conflict resolution.
- Equipment, tools and materials used in modern office operations.
- Standard audio visual equipment set up and usage.
- Fire and safety regulations related to public assembly facilities.
- Help oversee events in progress; learn to analyze and identify potential problems, situations and needs; accurately and quickly carry out solutions.
- Coordinate multiple simultaneous rental uses and meet critical time deadlines.
- Work independently and prioritize assignments.
- Perform heavy physical work including the lifting and moving of tables and chairs.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Learn to assist users with set-up design and read set-up diagrams.
- Identify custodial and maintenance needs and perform and/or assign related duties.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Deal effectively and courteously with the public.
- Provide high quality, economical services to the Citrus Heights community, placing emphasis on responsive customer service.
EDUCATION: Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade.
TRAINING: One year of experience, or equivalent, in custodial or building attendant position with significant customer service contact.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Light to moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds); pushing; pulling; crawling; climbing; prolonged periods standing; lifting above the shoulders; carry and work off a ladder; manual dexterity; vision and hearing to adjust audio visual equipment and observe and oversee participant use.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a completed, Employment Application and responses to a Supplemental Questionnaire. If you do not complete and submit all required information, your application may be disqualified from further consideration.