The Citrus Heights Police Department is the premier agency in the Sacramento region where top law enforcement professions serve with strong character, work ethic, and integrity. This is a fast-paced agency has built its foundation on steadfast partnerships internally and within our community. Do you have what it takes? Join us … at CHPD where it’s all about character.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team. Our Police Dispatchers are the “voice” of our department, providing exceptional and compassionate assistance to our residents. The in-house Communications Center has state-of-the-art technology, innovative training and programs, solid leadership, and a unique focus on employee wellness.
Employees in this position receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit. Per Diem Police Dispatchers perform a variety of functions involved in receiving, evaluation, prioritizing and relaying calls for emergency and non-emergency public safety assistance; to dispatch appropriate units and coordinate response of emergency personnel; to perform a variety of clerical duties related to specialized records functions. This position will be scheduled on an as-needed basis and must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and varied shifts.
You are an ideal candidate if you are seeking a character-based agency and have these attributes:
• Methods and techniques of proper telephone etiquette.
• Customer service principles and practices.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping and filing.
• Correct English usage, spelling and punctuation, and grammar.
• Personal computer use and methods.
• Operations, services and activities of a public safety telecommunications and dispatch center.
• Operational characteristics of modern public safety telecommunications equipment including computer aided dispatch systems.
• Automated law enforcement information systems and procedures.
• Dispatching techniques with use of radio system for communicating and receiving information.
• Techniques of questioning for both emergency and non-emergency calls.
• Applications of various City and Police Department policies and procedures.
• Pertinent local, state and federal laws, codes, ordinances, City functions, policies, rules and regulations.
• Geographic features and locations within the area served.
• Basic police terminology.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR PER DIEM POLICE DISPATCHER
Minimum of two years of dispatching experience in a California law enforcement environment.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a typing certificate demonstrating the ability to type 35 wpm net of errors prior to hiring.
May need to possess a valid California driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance as required by the position.
Possession of California POST Public Safety Dispatcher Basic Certificate