The City of Citrus Heights is seeking Part-time Facility Attendant Trainee’s to assist the public in their use of the Community Center and City Hall facilities for scheduled events.
The Facility Attendant Trainee’s will be expected to perform a wide variety of duties including preparing the facility for use by private parties and community groups of up to 500 guests or more.
Included but not limited to, set up/take down tables and chairs; minor maintenance and janitorial duties, set up of audio-visual systems, open and close facility for daytime, evening, and weekend rentals.
The specific work schedule(s) of a Facility Attendant Trainee should have flexible availability to open and close rental facilities for daytime, evening, and weekend rentals based on the needs of the City. Facility Attendant Trainees will generally work less than 29 hours per week.
- Enjoys working with the public
- Has flexible availability
- Provide high quality, economical services to the Citrus Heights community, placing emphasis on responsive customer service
- Help oversee events in progress; learn to analyze and identify potential problems, situations and needs; accurately and quickly carry out solutions
- Identify custodial and maintenance needs and perform and/or assign related duties
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Able to communicate well orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Able to work independently and prioritize assignments
- Work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and effective manner.
- Is highly organized and possesses strong organizational abilities in monitoring facility use and rental.
EDUCATION: Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade.
TRAINING: One year of experience, or equivalent, in custodial or building attendant position with significant customer service contact.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Light to moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds); pushing; pulling; crawling; climbing; prolonged periods standing; lifting above the shoulders; carry and work off a ladder; manual dexterity; vision and hearing to adjust audio visual equipment and observe and oversee participant use.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a completed, Employment Application and responses to a Supplemental Questionnaire. If you do not complete and submit all required information, your application may be disqualified from further consideration.