Borchard Community Center - Open until filled
Pay rate: $14.75 - $17.60
Part-time, Monday - Friday, generally 8:00am - 3:30pm through the school session.
Under supervision, co-teaches preschool-aged children in a preschool setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the lead teacher, plan and instruct individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Provide a positive, caring and learning environment.
- Communicate with children in a positive manner to make corrections or enforce behavior.
- Communicate with parents.
- Work well with 3-5 year-olds.
- Under the direction of the lead teacher, provide age appropriate activities.
- Maintain and organize classroom supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Assisting lead teacher in assuring the standards that have been set are met and the program continues to progress in the direction needed.
- Cleaning, set-up and break-down of classroom.
- May supervise aide and/or volunteers in preschool.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. *
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 9 units completed in related field (childhood education preferred); and at least six months work experience with preschool; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, early childhood educational material, CRPD memorandums.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving children and/or parents.
Ability to instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth needed for primary school. Ability to establish effective relationships with parents and children.
Knowledge of how a preschool day should be is necessary with experience in a classroom environment is also highly preferred. Knowledge of early childhood education and age appropriate activities.
Certificates and Licenses:
First Aid and CPR certificates within 60 days of employment.
Supervise preschool aide and/or volunteers in preschool.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly required using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include ability to adjust focus; peripheral and distance vision. *
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Retirement: New employees participate in a 2% @ 62 retirement plan through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) (unless considered “classic” members as defined by CalPERS). There is an employee contribution and an employer contribution. The District does not participate in Social Security.
Health Insurance: Available - subject to eligibility
Paid time off (Personal Leave for sick and vacation) available in accordance with District policies.
Read the job bulletin to determine if you meet the requirements. Complete all sections completely and accurately. Include any additional information pertaining to your qualifications for the position. False statements or misstatement of material facts are cause for rejection of the application, removal of name from eligibility list, or disciplinary action up to and including termination. All information is subject to verification.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Certificates, resumes, and cover letters must be uploaded with your application on the CalOpps website.
Supplemental question(s) must be answered thoroughly, do NOT indicate "See Resume" or "See Application". Applications submitted without responses or with limited responses may not be considered for this position.
This position will close by 5:00 p.m. PST of the filing deadline or when the listed number of applications are received, whichever occurs first if one is indicated.
Additional information about the District can be found on our website at www.crpd.org. Equal Opportunity Employer