Part-Time variable hours; evenings and weekends
Location: Thousand Oaks
Pay Rate: starting at $14.24/hr
Under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial tasks and provides oversight of rental groups, in accordance with District policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons and prospective participants on the phone and in-person
- Assist permit groups with set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs, and other equipment
- Promptly open and unlock facilities or close and secure facilities as scheduled
- Complete facility condition forms following permit group use and incident reports as needed
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions
- Turn athletic field lights off and on for sports groups
- Sell and scan admission tickets special events and/or theatre performances
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweep floors, vacuum carpets, and dust or polish furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Wash windows, clean restrooms, replenish supplies, and sanitize high touch areas often
- Empty waste receptacles and remove any trash or debris found throughout facility
- May assist with conducting recreation classes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty* satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
Education and Experience:
Minimum age of 18 years old with a High School Diploma (or GED). At least 250 hours of experience in customer service or a related field preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED within 90 days of hire
- CA Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively in English in both written and oral form. Ability to write routine correspondence using correct spelling and grammar. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense and exercise good judgement in solving problems. Ability to establish effective relationships with fellow employees, volunteers, and participants and/or parents/guardians.
Fingerprint-Based Background Check:
All recreation employees are required to obtain fingerprint-based background clearance prior to their first day of employment.
The employee may provide guidance or direction to other part-time employees and to volunteers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, including wet or humid conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; potentially hazardous chemicals or airborne particles; or risk of electrical shock. Exposure to hazardous conditions may vary according to Unit assignment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties* of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; use hands or fingers to touch, handle, or feel; use hands and arms to reach; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Vision requirements include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception; the ability to adjust focus; and the ability to see well in poor lighting or at night. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. Physical demands may vary according to Unit assignment.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other than statutory law (AB 1522 CA Paid Sick Leave), there are no benefits for part-time temporary/seasonal positions.
A resume may be attached, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.